Redefining Manhood
Leno's delivering his opening dialogue. Dad's on the couch in his PJ's, feet up and ankles crossed on the ottoman. Paul's on the opposite couch, legs crossed and attentive. Dad recaps Paul on some of the weeks' best jokes, as the two share a laugh (I think Dad laughs harder when he retells the joke, and Paul always laughs hard - what a combo). Meanwhile, I'm delicately aligning circles of premade cookie dough onto a greasy tray, pouring some milk, dipping some crackers into a jar of peanut butter. In the background Leno continues, "I guess things at the White House have gotten even uglier...Prince Charles and Camilla have just arrived." Cue threefold laughter. The complete lack of Letterman, femalekind, beer, and non-crosslegged seating posture isn't enough to contain our laughter and cheer as we carry out our beloved Thursday night ritual.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home