Just Short of Losing Everything
Gouge my eyes out,
mangle my face,
put a bag over my head.
Park me in a wheelchair,
make me awkward,
embaress me.
Pound me with words,
spit on me and smile,
kick me when i'm down.
mangle my face,
put a bag over my head.
Park me in a wheelchair,
make me awkward,
embaress me.
Pound me with words,
spit on me and smile,
kick me when i'm down.
Ruin my reputation,
turn on me,
hate me.
Break my confidence,
devalue my gifts,
grind me into uselessness.
Empty my pockets,
unlatch what I cling to,
unhinge my security.
Question my character,
slap me with reality,
remind me what you think.
I don't own this life, anyways.
turn on me,
hate me.
Break my confidence,
devalue my gifts,
grind me into uselessness.
Empty my pockets,
unlatch what I cling to,
unhinge my security.
Question my character,
slap me with reality,
remind me what you think.
I don't own this life, anyways.
For I am nothing,
but a beaten man,
half dead,
fully broken,
In good hands.
but a beaten man,
half dead,
fully broken,
In good hands.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home