City Kid in the House
1:21 in the AM chillin on a 100-acre lot in Dryden, Ontario. I just watched Jordan's Junior A Dryden Ice Dogs defeat the new expansion team 5-1...my brother scored a diSGUSTING goal...like, went around 3 players and a goalie. (pics to come)
the small town vibe is beautiful. jordan is the captain of the team and a minor celebrity in town. I walk into subway and ask some guy in the ICE DOGS jacket if him and his wife are going to the game - of course they are. I tell them Jordan Chong is my brother and they say "Oh ya, we expect Jordan to have a big night tonight, 3 or 4 points at least."
I walk in to the rink - people recognize me almost right away, based on the fact that I look like Jordan. I get given a stick, signed by the entire team. I ask where i can acquire a copy of the videotaped broadcast, they say "oh we'll get you one." I meet the team's play-by-play commentator and he asks me if I want to be his guest tomorrow in the second intermission, live on the radio - "Jordan Chong's brother, Andrew"?
and holy ssSNAP, watching my brother just play shift to shift is remarkable. I last watched him in October of 2003 and MAN ALIVE is he explosive. like we're similar players in a lot of ways: build, speed, agility, playmaking, scoring touch...except jordan is effing strong, explosively fast, has a rocket shot, and just dominates at times. damn. a pleasure to watch.
Game 2 of the wknd runs tomorrow night. Back in VanCity Friday night at 8.
oh...and GOODTIMES WITH MY DAD. watching wrestling, singing along to oldies in the car, going out to restaurants ever 4 hours, dang I love it.
the small town vibe is beautiful. jordan is the captain of the team and a minor celebrity in town. I walk into subway and ask some guy in the ICE DOGS jacket if him and his wife are going to the game - of course they are. I tell them Jordan Chong is my brother and they say "Oh ya, we expect Jordan to have a big night tonight, 3 or 4 points at least."
I walk in to the rink - people recognize me almost right away, based on the fact that I look like Jordan. I get given a stick, signed by the entire team. I ask where i can acquire a copy of the videotaped broadcast, they say "oh we'll get you one." I meet the team's play-by-play commentator and he asks me if I want to be his guest tomorrow in the second intermission, live on the radio - "Jordan Chong's brother, Andrew"?
and holy ssSNAP, watching my brother just play shift to shift is remarkable. I last watched him in October of 2003 and MAN ALIVE is he explosive. like we're similar players in a lot of ways: build, speed, agility, playmaking, scoring touch...except jordan is effing strong, explosively fast, has a rocket shot, and just dominates at times. damn. a pleasure to watch.
Game 2 of the wknd runs tomorrow night. Back in VanCity Friday night at 8.
oh...and GOODTIMES WITH MY DAD. watching wrestling, singing along to oldies in the car, going out to restaurants ever 4 hours, dang I love it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home