Some jobs I've dreamt about
Dream jobs are actually attainable. When I was in Grade 9, I dreamt about being a hockey journalist, and now I work at Hockey Now. I don't know if it's my dream job right now, but I think almost anything is possible. With the God of the universe at your side, how can you not dream big? To me, leading worship or being a dad or taking care of youth is a dream job. Here's some other dream jobs I've thought about at some point in my life.

Bell boy at the Empress Hotel, Victoria
I went to Vic for the first time when I was like 14. I LOVED the laid back downtown summer nights and days. I always thought this would be the best summer job 'cause everyone would be happy to be on vacation, the hotel is in the heart of this beautiful chill town, and I could get lots of tips.
Boxing ring announcer
For some reason I used to think Michael Buffer was so cool with his "Lllllllllllllet's get ready to rumble!" I know super random eh...it may have more to do with crowd reaction and the whole pre-game hype goosebump-feeling than anything else...
NHL Hockey player
When you're a 12-year-old hockey player this is your default dream. But I think I mostly just wanted to play on home ice in the playoffs and only for the Canucks...haha. That probably wouldn't work, eh?
Game presentation coordinator for the Canucks
I pretty much just want to create a goosebump worthy 10-minute pre-game show with the lights, fireworks, dramatic video, heroic entrances and music that pumps you up beyond belief...I think if I could do this once in my life it would fulfill the dream.
Wrestling promoter
I think every wrestling fan kinda wants to be this...booking the matches, creating characters, writing storylines...it's like managing a sports team and directing theatre at the same time.
Photo journalist
My favourite part of the journalism program was taking photos...I was top of my class in published photos. It's a great way to tell the story. Like TV and Radio, I'm not super gifted or anything but I really enjoy doing it...and it would be one way for me to dive into all different types of stories that I may not necessarily feel comfortable writing about...I could take the pics instead.
Waiter/server
I'm a picky eater and have no experience in this field but if there was a Gourmet chicken strip restaurant starting up on Robson that needed some temporary serving help from an experienced chicken strip eater and people person, i'd be down...it feels good to serve people food and take care of them in any capacity...
Video documentary guy
I would like to document the life of a Junior hockey team (as inspired by my brother), the life of Aaron Idol (the legally blind, current NWA wrestling champ living here in Van), or just anybody really...i think almost everyone has shatloads of interesting things about their life...
Soundtrack musician
I got a little taste of this for four hours last year, playing some atmospheric electric guitar loop delay stuff for a friend of a friend's documentary about juvenile offender's who were being rehabbed and it turned out pretty rad...I love setting the mood and providing the backdrop that gives the foreground that extra life...like creating wrestler theme songs haha (there is a big wrestling theme here)
Listen-only counselor
Ya know how people sometimes say, 'I don't need advice I just need you to listen to me'...I would be down...it's kinda B.S. sounding but I think people would value it and I like hearing what's up with people...We could just go to a coffee shop and I could receive the compensation of a chocolate croissant, and if we go over an hour...a second chocolate croissant.

Bell boy at the Empress Hotel, Victoria
I went to Vic for the first time when I was like 14. I LOVED the laid back downtown summer nights and days. I always thought this would be the best summer job 'cause everyone would be happy to be on vacation, the hotel is in the heart of this beautiful chill town, and I could get lots of tips.
Boxing ring announcer
For some reason I used to think Michael Buffer was so cool with his "Lllllllllllllet's get ready to rumble!" I know super random eh...it may have more to do with crowd reaction and the whole pre-game hype goosebump-feeling than anything else...
NHL Hockey player
When you're a 12-year-old hockey player this is your default dream. But I think I mostly just wanted to play on home ice in the playoffs and only for the Canucks...haha. That probably wouldn't work, eh?
Game presentation coordinator for the Canucks
I pretty much just want to create a goosebump worthy 10-minute pre-game show with the lights, fireworks, dramatic video, heroic entrances and music that pumps you up beyond belief...I think if I could do this once in my life it would fulfill the dream.
Wrestling promoter
I think every wrestling fan kinda wants to be this...booking the matches, creating characters, writing storylines...it's like managing a sports team and directing theatre at the same time.
Photo journalist
My favourite part of the journalism program was taking photos...I was top of my class in published photos. It's a great way to tell the story. Like TV and Radio, I'm not super gifted or anything but I really enjoy doing it...and it would be one way for me to dive into all different types of stories that I may not necessarily feel comfortable writing about...I could take the pics instead.
Waiter/server
I'm a picky eater and have no experience in this field but if there was a Gourmet chicken strip restaurant starting up on Robson that needed some temporary serving help from an experienced chicken strip eater and people person, i'd be down...it feels good to serve people food and take care of them in any capacity...
Video documentary guy
I would like to document the life of a Junior hockey team (as inspired by my brother), the life of Aaron Idol (the legally blind, current NWA wrestling champ living here in Van), or just anybody really...i think almost everyone has shatloads of interesting things about their life...
Soundtrack musician
I got a little taste of this for four hours last year, playing some atmospheric electric guitar loop delay stuff for a friend of a friend's documentary about juvenile offender's who were being rehabbed and it turned out pretty rad...I love setting the mood and providing the backdrop that gives the foreground that extra life...like creating wrestler theme songs haha (there is a big wrestling theme here)
Listen-only counselor
Ya know how people sometimes say, 'I don't need advice I just need you to listen to me'...I would be down...it's kinda B.S. sounding but I think people would value it and I like hearing what's up with people...We could just go to a coffee shop and I could receive the compensation of a chocolate croissant, and if we go over an hour...a second chocolate croissant.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home