Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Miraculous Christmas Shopping

I've beaten my all-time record for earliest date to finish Christmas shopping with a Dec. 11 completion date (14 days to Christmas). My previous record was Dec. 23. I usually clutch up around the Dec. 20 because I take so long to decide anything.

If you come with me to a Blockbuster, the public library, HMV, Long & Mcquade, Save-On, Safeway, or London Drugs, you will quickly realize that I take my time to choose things.

This year, a year which Jordan has strongly encouraged me to "pull [my] life together", I'm starting to take some initiative. This way, I won't have to "quit life."

I took the initiative to turn down certain media jobs, to order broccoli with my lunch, and to actually take my Car to Mr. Lube before the oil turns green.
Though I live at home and still like WWE figures and still have the same general haircut I did when I was in Kindergarten, I am becoming a man.
Or perhaps...
A man-bear-pig.
I'm super serioul!
That's a dirty litte South Park reference...I know Tyler loves those. He loves dirty little things...
Like baby pigs.
And baby man-bear-pigs.

So apparently Jordan Sim reads this blog from across the country. That's kind of creepy. But she's a creepy young girl. And by creepy of course I mean lovely.

And speaking of phantom readers, Erin Dexter posts the occasional comment here from her Van Island Internet connection that spans the water between us. Amazing. Erin is totally the type of girl who hangs out in the bushes outside people's houses with binocs. And by that last sentence of course I mean Erin is a studious and kind friend.

Speaking of studious, kind friends and Christmas shopping I was a little bit baffled on what to get my mom, the last person on my list...so I'm in Park Royal just outside of Banana Republic (just a usual Tuesday night for me, really) and I bump into Nicole Ray - a very fashion-aware rad young woman. And she helped me pick my mom's present. And since I love affirmation I got two staff members to also affirm my choice...and a customer who had my mom's body type.

And speaking of affirmation and the human body I want to affirm to Steve Willows that my personal experience with wisdom teeth removal (not Julie's squirrel cheeks and barfing experience) is that the procedure is beautifully drug-induced and painless. I actually felt no pain.
And I'm very, very whiny and squirmish when it comes to pain.

Good luck Stever, and good luck to all of you with Christmas shopping. And if you're behind and haven't already bought all your presents from Mexx like Andwer Lee, may God guide your last minute shopping journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home