
ENCHANTED WAS SO GOOD.
And I am definitely a 24-year-old hockey-playing male saying this. And just to keep it special for you...I won't say anything more about it. Just that it is a 9.1 out of 10 and leading lady Amy Adams is so awesome.
FUNNY MAN
In the same way that Conan O'Brien will replace Jay Leno in 2010 I think David Letterman's replacement should be Steve Willows. Steve is really good at talking about stuff, making anything funny, and telling interesting stories.
FACEBOOK RESISTANCE
If people are neutral or don't care about Facebook, I'm fine with that. But for people who strongly oppose it...I need an explanation. What would make you strongly oppose it? Things I've heard are:
1) the terms of use give facebook a certain level of ownership over your content
2) it's annoying/creepy/undesirable to talk to people from your past that you don't really care to talk to
3) I don't have time or energy to bother with it and keep up with it.
In respone:
1) What is Facebook ever gonna do with some photo of you, some list of your favourite bands, or some info about your age? Use it for research marketing purposes...sure, whatever. Then at least they'll know what I want to buy and what ads I want to see haha. Apparently if you delete your account Facebook still keeps the content...but really, what are they gonna do with it...expose you with your drunken new year's pic? Then don't post it...I have nothing to hide.
2) With the billion wicked functions facebook has (photo sharing, event planning, efficient messaging, group coordinating, etc) you can easily deal with the burden of an unwanted "friend" trying to add you or talk to you. Just don't add them or talk back. It's probably better to be honest and not respond than to be polite out of obligation.
3) No time? then check it once a week, once a month, whatever...again, there's no obligation. Who says there is? It's not like weeds are going to grow in your account if you don't tend to it for a while. Some people refer for their friends to just email them...I can do that too but I think many people's messaging habits are changing. I have four times as many contacts on facebook than I do on hotmail.
Conclusion: if you don't care about Facebook or that kind of technology or social networking, then whatever. But if you're resistant to it, can you help me understand why?
ONE-ON-ONE
The appeal of wrestling has got to be the epic one-on-one main events...at least for me. Rock v. Hogan Wrestlemania is a good example. Two epic heroes in a ring with 60,000 people watching at Toronto Skydome. The ultimate sporting storyline is a one person against one person event. I remember watching Tiger Woods versus David Duval prime time golf when I was younger. Ali-Foreman was like watching a movie...I guess it was made into a movie later. Even Naslund versus Hasek in the Canucks first ever shootout on home ice two years ago. Everyone in the building stood up and all you saw on this empty sheet of ice with Hasek standing in goal and Markus Naslund in the center circle. Unreal.
LEGO
Does anyone still have any? My cousin and his son are in a monthly LEGO club. I have almost the full set of Ice Planet and Trevor has the Wild West set. If anyone has any, maybe we should get together after a hard weekend of clubbing and going to bars and picking up chicks and have a Sunday afternoon LEGO party. Everybody bring what they got.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home