Thursday, October 18, 2007

The value of my Internet life

If I could put a price on the accounts I have on the Internet, here's what they'd be. I guess I come up with these numbers based on the scenario, if the company took away my password, how much would I pay to get it back, instead of starting a new account:

Hotmail - $200
I have a history of emails dating back to 2001 and I never delete small messages. There's like 3000+ messages in my inbox right and it's super awesome to look back at old emails. I may even bring some up in my speech at Steve's wedding. Plus there's a contact list which I've worked semi hard to build, even though I could get all the emails I want off facebook. Except for Tyler Hagan's and guys from IMR. But I already know all their emails its the same for each guy: emo@no-facebook.com

Blogger - $100
Again, I've had this blog for a few years, and even though it's just a blog it's dope to have a little history and a journal of the last couple years. And some of the comments are priceless. But it's only worth a hundred 'cause there's not as much content as on my hotmail.

MSN Messenger - $80
Used to be my main reason for being connected to the Internet. Most of my messaging has been replaced by Facebook or text messaging...because everyone else is on Facebook and because everyone always has their cel phone...but it's still alright and it'd suck to have re-add all those contacts.

Facebook - $300
There's rarely a day or a 10-hour period I don't check it. I got tons of pics and comments and messages saved that I don't have saved anywhere else. And $300 may sound stupid but I've spent so much time finding the contacts of 800-something people and it's actually pretty awesome to catch up with all these people...without facebook, i would never be in touch with sooo many people. and I know it's just facebook but a message every now on facebook is better than nothing at all. you can't put a price on connecting with people and staying somewhat in touch with my less-close friends. but maybe you can put a price on it: $300

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home