Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The e-mail that started it all

I have always believed in God but it wasn't until I was 19-years-old (2002, my first year at Cap College) that I took the step to actually get involved in the Christian community.

Besides Jeff Clarke (who I wasn't that tight with in high school), there was really only one guy from my school that I knew was a Christian.


I emailed him to ask if he could help me get involved.

I ended up going to ASAP, the young adul
ts worship night at North Shore Alliance. From there, I re-connected with Jeff, met Justin, Pete Parrotta, Laura Brook, and others.

My new connections brought me to Cap Church, then to Anvil Island, then to Rock Garden, and the rest is history...



From: Andrew Chong
To: Ben Anderson
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 5:46 PM
Subject: Youth Group

Hey Ben,

I was just wondering if you still go to the youth group at alliance. If
you have any info like date, time, age group, etc., could you just write me
back or call me. I'm interested in checking it out.

Thanks alot,
Andrew


Subject: Young Adults‏
From: Ben Anderson
Sent: March 8, 2002 11:30:56 AM
To: Andrew Chong

Hey Andrew,

GREAT to hear from you! Things are pretty busy at school for me right now, but sometimes I make it out to Young Adults (after youth group) on Tuesday nights. Youth Group is on Wednesdays, but it is only for grades 8 to 12. If you are interested in coming out one Tuesday, you're very welcome to. If you need a ride or something, just give me a shout. It usually goes from 7:30 to 9:30 and includes worship and a message from the Young Adults Pastor. I think you would enjoy it, but feel free to do whatever. It would be awesome for you to see what it's like. Anyway, I have to go and play with my little brother and sisters, so I'll maybe hear from you later.

Ben


The boys of Berea, July 2002, the first cabin I was ever in at Anvil. Jeff and I were co-counselors. (Liam McAllister is on the ground and Seb Ziedler of the current Camp 8 crew is on the far right)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home