Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday at the Office

I was a bit late for work this morning, and when you're late you sacrifice certain aspects of your preparation to make up for lost time. I'm low on laundry and the result is no time to find clean underwear. Lucky for me these pants are soft and going commando is actually okay.

Trying to make difficult right turn through sidewalk into parking garage, lady stops walking so I can go, while making a face that shouts "OMG, effing GO already, idiot". Woman, if you look behind me there's a parade of impatient downtown commuters behind me, waiting for me to turn, while I'm doing my best to get out of the way of traffic while not hitting any pedestrians. If you're gonna help me by letting me through, then don't give me the face of disgust? Just let me through and continue on walking I'd rather she just didnt stop and I never had to look at that hideous expression.

Little boy comes to reception asking if i want to be any "delicious, amazing, irresistable" $3 chocolate almonds. No. Little boy starts getting pushy and doesn't leave for 15 minutes, but instead starts touching stuff and asking how he would go about breaking glass to steal a gold sample from our display case. He's also pretty pissed off that our yellow live-aid bracelets aren't free. Unfortunately I had to send him packing with no profit.

At the same time the kid is screwing around, in walks super scruffy guy wearing a huge backpack, carrying another bag, and with a huge dirty beard and head of hair. Guessing that he was a dude looking for work. "Could I speak to someone in your Human Resources or hiring department?" "Actually, our HR department has moved to harbor centre but I can get in touch with someone if you'd like?" "When did that change happen." "Just recently actually." "Alright, fine." ... He walks out the door. And without turning around, gives me the finger, shades of Eminem at the end of 8 Mile. I'm just like WHAAAT. haha wow, i don't understand what just happened.

Ya so it's only like 9:45am right now, and I've already had a psycho child and a fingering hobo bombard my humble work station on an especially vulnerable day when I am wearing no underwear. daaaaahahahahamn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home