Friday, June 24, 2005

Hideous Fascination

When I was in San Francisco, I was so excited to see the house from Mrs. Doubtfire and the street used in Full House as the home of the Tanner's.

In a really born-and-raised-by-media way, a huge motivation for me to see the world would be movie locations. Sick eh? Like along with theme parks and hugely commercialized landmarks, I am totally infatuated by the idea of walking through the Shire...


Or climbing the hill to stand on top of Edoras...


The idea of going where Frodo has journeyed or where Aragorn has fought is entirely exciting to me. It's like I get to stomp on some sacred land, and that somehow the fantasy I embraced in watching Lord of the Rings can be physically touched.

In a strange way, movies are more real to me than history books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home