Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Ice-Prancing Chinaman

I've gone to about 100 Canucks games since I was a baby. I've sat nosebleeds, front row club, row two corners, luxury suites. I've played between periods in the mini game as a 10 year old.

Saw (hero) Peter Forsberg from 20 feet away, while he undressed 3 players and a goalie in Overtime to put the Canucks down 3 games to 0 in the freekin PLAYOFFS, and I got the puck - the ice cleaner threw the puck over the glass towards a crowd of people, the puck bounced off the crowd, rolled down 8 seats and hit my foot. [The picture below is the actual goal]



I have 6 different Canucks jerseys, and some of the most hideous souvenirs ever sold (bobbleheads, zambonis, coin collections, scoreboard lamp, license plate holder).

I volunteered in the Canucks photo library for Co-op in Gr 11. I work in the stadium store doing jersey lettering.

I was there when Bertuzzi clocked Steve Moore from behind. I watched Gretzky score a hat trick for the New York Rangers and make the Canucks look like children. I've seen goalie fights, a 0-0 tie, Canada vs. Russia, Trevor Linden as a NY Islander, Mike Peca knocking out Teemu Selanne with a hit, a 5-5 tie after the Canucks were down 5-2 shorthanded with 2:30 left.

The point is that I miss those rich white boys who make up the NHL. It's some of the most inspiring stuff in life, for me. My family lives and breathes this shite. We all started skating at age 3 1/2. Jordan plays junior A in Ontario, Trevor just won the floor hockey Cup at school, I got to play against the bastards known as the TWU hockey team (represent, eh thea?). My Dad has watched us play at least 1500 minor hockey league games, my mom could name most of the Canucks starting roster, it's disguisting.

D. SGUISTING.

(Don't worry Justin, this won't be a hockey blog)

18 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

this commenting system is a pain.

but other than that, you're right. I could not care less about hockey. But Shaq is still the best hockey guy, to my knowledge.

5:38 p.m.  
Blogger andwer said...

hey chonger,
it's hooner in ... where am i? somewhere in ontario. love you.

andwer

5:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet!!!!! its spinnin nigga its spinnin its spinnin nigga its spinnin its spinnin nigga its spinnin!!!!! oh and forsberg is gay !!! i have proof!!!!! ok... i can't back that up.. but he is ugly!!

8:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written Mistah Chong... son of Chong and Chong. Hockey rocks... you rock and it's totally groovy and peachy that you are writing this shhhhhhhtuff.
Thanks. So... prancing... hmmm frolicing like a deer, eh.

9:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack O'Callahan says -
"Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"

10:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph Cox says -
"Isn't it obvious, for the girls...
{Laughs}"

10:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack O'Callahan says -
"No really...why'd you wanna play college hockey?"

10:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph Cox says -
"Becuz I love to play hockey and I wanna goto the NHL"

10:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack O'Callahan says -
"Well i wanted to win a national championship...till that pansy over there cheap shots me, I get kicked outta the game, he takes the ring off my finger."

10:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike Eurizone says -

"Hey everyone was throwing cheap shots that game."

10:20 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack O'Callahan says -
"You know it's funny you say that Rizzo, cuz I was just wondering who's side you're on?"

10:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike Eurizone says -
"I'm on your side"

10:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack O'Callahan says -
"It really seems that way...I can't do this now I'm outta here..."

10:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike Eurizone says -
"Where you going?"

10:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack O'Callahan says -
"To my room...is that alright with you..."

10:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack O'Callahan says -
"Motha...
{Leaves Room)"

10:27 p.m.  
Blogger Melinda said...

yo.
chong-dizzle.
welcome to blog land.
you're on the list, man.

THE list.

10:50 p.m.  
Blogger Austin said...

I AM ON THE BLOGROLL LIST YES


I AM EVERYTHING!

12:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home