The real thing
Just stopped by the old tennis wall and ended up playing a game against a legitimate tennis player. He was demo-ing a racquet and we were both hitting against the wall and when a court freed up he asked me if I wanted to play a game.
I was like "uuh buddy I suck but alright."
I got worked but every now and then I'd return a serve and clench my teeth together and whisper "fkyah" to myself. It's an unusual feeling being so much worse than someone else. Like I'm obviously bad at tons of things but I don't often think about that haha. My parents really hooked me up when I was little with lessons and opportunities so when I play hockey or music or hit a golf ball or serve a racquetball or swim properly I always feel somewhat capable even when in the presence of someone way better. But ya it's kind of a good feeling to be challenged and kind of a crap feeling to get owned. Like I was almost embaressed but I feel okay because the guy was trying out a demo racquet and I was doing him a favour by playing so WHATever. In conclusion, I think the best way to deal with the pownage is to either just take a lesson in humility or beat the sssssht out of him in five to ten years. And invite all my friends.
I was like "uuh buddy I suck but alright."
I got worked but every now and then I'd return a serve and clench my teeth together and whisper "fkyah" to myself. It's an unusual feeling being so much worse than someone else. Like I'm obviously bad at tons of things but I don't often think about that haha. My parents really hooked me up when I was little with lessons and opportunities so when I play hockey or music or hit a golf ball or serve a racquetball or swim properly I always feel somewhat capable even when in the presence of someone way better. But ya it's kind of a good feeling to be challenged and kind of a crap feeling to get owned. Like I was almost embaressed but I feel okay because the guy was trying out a demo racquet and I was doing him a favour by playing so WHATever. In conclusion, I think the best way to deal with the pownage is to either just take a lesson in humility or beat the sssssht out of him in five to ten years. And invite all my friends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home