Monday, April 16, 2007

My life in numbers

22
It's all over for my journalism program, and the 22 of us are spreading out all over the world. We handed in our last assignments this past week and all that's left is our graduation on June 7 at Langara, which only about 10 of us will attend. I don't know if I'm capable of it, but in September I just wanted to cruise by in a business-like fashion, and not become emotionally connected to anyone. I failed miserably.

300
Thought it was the best movie of the year until I saw Grindhouse. Grindhouse made my $11.95 worth about $20. The two movies back-to-back with bogus trailers before and in-between made the three-and-a-half hours in a theatre easy to take. It was unique, it made me laugh hard, it made me disgusted, it shocked me, the dialogue was captivating, and the commercials in between gave me a chance to pee. I haven't been this entertained since I beat Trevor in two-straight battle mode games in Mario Kart on Super Nintendo.

5
There's no reason why the Canucks can't end this series in five. Everyone, including me, was picking the Canucks in seven. But with a 2-1 series lead that could have easily been a 3-0 deficit, Vancouver has been given three games to fine tune without having to pay the price. Now it's time for everyone in front of Luongo to be sharp. A win tomorrow night in Dallas would be devastating for the Stars, and the Canucks would love to redeem a disappointing game 2 with a series win at GM Place in game five. I'm working at game seven but hopefully I won't have to.

24
At Wrestlemania 24 I want to see the following DREAM matches (basically every match involves at least one person not on the WWE roster):
John Cena v. The Rock
Edge v. Christian
AJ Styles v. Rey Mysterio v. CM Punk
Hogan v. Austin
Samoa Joe v. Umaga

4
So drumming actually involves four limbs, not two. It always looked easier than it is. But I'm having lots of fun living in a house that has drums. I play them every day and they just feel so damn good. Thankfully Kenton lets us keep them here.

60
If I actually do the effing Grouse Grind this week, and if i don't finish in under 60 minutes, I will kill myself. I think last time was about 50-something, which is pretty whatev. But ya nature is sweet and shit, eh bud.

2
Two great job opps: I will be working with the North Shore Outlook and the Hockey Now this summer and both are about seven minute drives from home. It's so rad to be able to work close to home. At the same time, though I might be a city-boy lifer, I have a slight travel itch.

435

That's how many friends I have on facebook. Better go check my facebook right now. Let's just say I'm not the kind of guy who hides pokes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home