Futuristic Futurama...
...is a theme at camp this year...camp, by the way, is amazingly less than a month away.
Anyways, when I was younger (and still today) I always lived for the future. I had a problem just enjoying today. (Whoa, I can't decide whether to use one space after a period, or two...I spent five years getting an english degree with two spaces, but my current assistant editor job has me using one...wow this blog has become at least 25% about the topic of grammar).
Anyway! so the happiest day of my future obsessed childhood was definitely the Monday after Spring Break in Grade 4 of Ms. Henney's class when I had just spent a week at birthday parties and at non-school places. That same Monday night I had mini-minor hockey at the Canucks game (between periods) to look forward to, and the following Morning we were hopping on a plane to go to Disneyland and Palm Springs...WOOOO!
Today I'm trying really really hard to just enjoy today. (I'm also trying hard not to be insanely judgemental, under-handed, overly flattering of others, overly flattering of myself, and a bad eater).
So onto the original topic: the future! In particular, the summer. Along with weddings, visiting Keats, BBQ's, Zoe's Coffeehouse, TylerPalooza (aka Haganpalooza), camp, and more working adventures as a hopefully budding journalist, I really wanna do some money stuff:
Cliff Jumping at Cap River, King Kong Backyard Movie Night (June 30?), Dance Party DJ'd by DJ fliTunes Steve Watts and I, Street Hockey Extravaganzas (one night, one day), Baby road trip to squamish to cliff jump in warmth, and probably some other sweet stuff that involves lots of eating.
Anyways, when I was younger (and still today) I always lived for the future. I had a problem just enjoying today. (Whoa, I can't decide whether to use one space after a period, or two...I spent five years getting an english degree with two spaces, but my current assistant editor job has me using one...wow this blog has become at least 25% about the topic of grammar).
Anyway! so the happiest day of my future obsessed childhood was definitely the Monday after Spring Break in Grade 4 of Ms. Henney's class when I had just spent a week at birthday parties and at non-school places. That same Monday night I had mini-minor hockey at the Canucks game (between periods) to look forward to, and the following Morning we were hopping on a plane to go to Disneyland and Palm Springs...WOOOO!
Today I'm trying really really hard to just enjoy today. (I'm also trying hard not to be insanely judgemental, under-handed, overly flattering of others, overly flattering of myself, and a bad eater).
So onto the original topic: the future! In particular, the summer. Along with weddings, visiting Keats, BBQ's, Zoe's Coffeehouse, TylerPalooza (aka Haganpalooza), camp, and more working adventures as a hopefully budding journalist, I really wanna do some money stuff:
Cliff Jumping at Cap River, King Kong Backyard Movie Night (June 30?), Dance Party DJ'd by DJ fliTunes Steve Watts and I, Street Hockey Extravaganzas (one night, one day), Baby road trip to squamish to cliff jump in warmth, and probably some other sweet stuff that involves lots of eating.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home